Dr. Alison D. Croughan, DPM
Podiatrist in Huntington & Manhasset, NYAdvanced Podiatry
To always be a competent physician who will diagnose and formulate both conservative and surgical treatment options for common foot and ankle disorders as well as congenital conditions, diabetic foot infections, and management of foot and ankle trauma. My focus is directed towards developing and maintaining positive patient interaction and to always translate medical terminology into layman’s terms to assist patients in their health care decision making. My mission is to provide comprehensive care so that my patients can walk confidently knowing that great foot care is indicative of their overall health.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Degree: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- NBPME Part I (2008) Part II (2011) Part III (2011)
- ABPM Board Qualified (2013)
- Potsdam, New York
- Degree: Bachelor of Science
- Interdisciplinary in Multicultural Studies
- Pre-Medical Studies
Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital
- Binghamton, New York
- PMSR – 36/RRA
- (Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency/Rearfoot and Ankle Reconstruction)
- Served as Chief Resident and member of Graduate Medical Education Committee during academic year 2012 – 2013
Completed a three year foot and ankle reconstruction residency program with rotations in:
- Deformity and External Fixation Rotation performed at The Rubin Institute for Advance Orthopedics at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. Comprehensive training in external fixation and pediatrics with emphasis on limb deformity planning and correction. Exposure to Ponseti method for clubfoot correction.
- Plastic Surgery Rotation with peripheral nerve surgery component including the Dellon Procedure training in various hospitals in Syracuse, New York.
- Comprehensive orthopedics and trauma rotation completed at Geisinger - Community Medical Center in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
HOSPITAL STAFF/AFFILIATIONS: Pending
- Association for Osteosynthesis Advanced (AO) (2012)
- Stryker Advanced Techniques in Foot and Ankle Reconstruction Fellowship Course(2012)
- Ponseti Method for Clubfoot Treatment (2012)
- Baltimore Limb Deformity and Correction(2012)
- Advanced Applications of the Taylor Spatial Frame (2012)
- Association for Osteosynthesis Basic (AO) (2012)
- Ponseti Method for Clubfoot Treatment (2010)
- Baltimore Limb Deformity and Correction (2010)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified (ACLS) (2012)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certified (BCLS) (2014)
- Normal Radiographic Foot and Ankle Variants, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital Continuing Medical Education Lecture Series, 2012 (Presenter)
- Pain Management, American Society of Podiatric Medical Assistants , 2013(Presenter)â€‹
- Peritalar Subluxation Deformity in a Patient with Cerebral Palsy: A Case Report Utilizing Rearfoot and Medial Column Fusion, Tendon Transfer, and Gastrocnemius Recession
Guido A. LaPorta, DPM FAFAS; Ellianne M. Nasser, DPM; Alison Croughan, DPM; Amy Kotouch, DPM
Submitted to JFAS for publication 2013
· Printed in the Southern Dutchess News “Foot Notes” – Hudson Valley, New York
o From The Bottom Up: Cancer Screenings should BEGIN with your FEET
o Hyperhidrosis: it's OK... Sweat Happens!
o When Pedicures are a Serious Health Risk
o “Believe it or not…Cookies did make children walk better”
o Pedicures: fashionable or harmful?
o R.I.C.E ordered daily in youth sports.
o Don’t Let The ‘Frost Bite’ Your Feet
o GOT SUGAR?