Dr. Arden Smith, DPM, FACFAS, FACFAOM
Maspeth, NY, I980- Present
Manhasset, NY,2018 - Present
- Manage the daily operations our medical offices.
- Our Maspeth office provides a full scope podiatric medicine a surgery practice offering complete foot care of all ages.
- Formerly associated with the North Shore Diabetes and Endocrine Associates with our practice limited to the medical and surgical treatment of the high risk Diabetic Foot with special emphasis on wound care and limb salvage.
- Active involvement in post-doctoral education and clinical instruction of podiatric surgical residents and podiatric medical students at major teaching hospitals.
- Special-certifications in Laser Surgery of the Foot, Extra Corporal Shock Wave Therapy [ESWT], and Endoscopic Foot Surgery.
- Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine Formerly, Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, PA DPM 1978
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, B.A., 1974
St. Joseph's Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1980
- Senior Resident in Podiatric Surgery
St. Mary Hospital,-Philadelphia PA, 1979
- Resident in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- AMERICAN BOARD OF PODIATRIC SURGERY , Recertification 8/03 , Recertification 8/13.
- AMERICAN BOARD OF PODIATRIC ORTHOPEDICS AND PRIMARY PODIATRIC MEDICINE , Recertification 12/02 , Recertification-11/13
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics and Medicine
- American Professional Wound Care Association
- American Association of Hospital Podiatrists
- National Board Of Podiatry Examiners
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center - Department of Surgery, New Hyde Park , NY
- North Shore University Hospital - Department of Surgery, Manhasset , NY
- New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens - Department of Surgery, Flushing, NY
- Glen Cove Hospital - Department of Surgery,Glen Cove, NY
- Little Neck Community Hospital - Chief of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Little Neck NY (until Hospital Closure in 1996)
- On-Site Associate Director, Podiatric Residency Education at Little Neck Community Hospital 1992-1996
- Chief - Division of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Little Neck Community Hospital 1987-1996
- Physician Consultant island Peer Review Organization, Inc.
- Podiatric Consulting Advisory committee Physicians Reciprocal lnsurers
- Deputy Examiner, New York State Board of Podiatry Examiners, 1987-1991
- Executive-Board - New York State Podiatric Medical Association, Queens Division
- Board of Trustees - Podiatrists of New York
- New York State Podiatric Medical Association, Queens Division
- American Podiatric Medical Association
A Pilot Study To Evaluate The Advantage Of Microbial Shielded Textiles in Patients with Diabetic Ulceration of the Lower Extremities , Oxford Research International Corporation
- Hospital Privileges for Podiatrists, Pennsylvania Podiatric Medical Association Quarterly, 1978
- A typical Aponeurotic Calcifying Fibroma, current Podiatric Medicine, April 1985
COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS :
- Temple Israel of Great Neck:
Board of Trustees 1993 -1999
Religious School Board
Co-President Men's club 1992. 1993
- Camp Ramah Berkshires:
Board of Trustees, 1996-1997
- The Center for Jewish Studies at Queens College:
Advisory Board. 2005 -Present
- Congregation of Maspeth Jewish Center: