Posts for tag: athlete's foot
Winter is Here… Are Your Feet Ready?!
Now that it is officially wintertime, there are a few things that you should know in regards to your foot health. From conditions that tend to arise in the cold, winter months to treatment and prevention tips – Pedram Hendizadeh, DPM, FACFAS of Advanced Podiatry has your feet covered!
5 Conditions that Present in the Cold Winter Months:
(Click to learn more about these conditions)
General Tips to Keep Your Feet Healthy this Winter:
- Keep Feet Dry and Warm- change socks frequently
- Moisturize feet daily, minimize excessive soaking, use a pumice gently
- Use anti-fungal powder for gym sneakers and boots to prevent developing toenail fungus
- Make sure to wear proper foot gear when going out in the snow, feet should be kept warm and dry
- Make sure to wear boots with good traction to avoid slips and falls while outside
- For kids, make sure to try on winter boots and ski boots ahead of time to make sure that they still fit properly, as children’s feet tend to grow from season to season