- Make sure their shoes fit properly
- Look for any signs of in-toeing or out-toeing
- Check to see if they have Clubfoot (condition that affects your child’s foot and ankle, twisting the heel and toes inward) which is one of the most common nonmajor birth defects.
- Lightly cover your baby’s feet (Tight covers may keep your baby from moving their feet freely, and could prevent normal development)
- Allow your toddler to go shoeless (Shoes can be restricting for a young child’s foot)
- Cut toenails straight across to avoid ingrown toenails
- Keep your child’s foot clean and dry
- Cover cuts and scrapes. Wash any scratches with soap and water and cover them with a bandage until they’ve healed.
Please specify in the message section below which office you would like to be seen at Manhasset, Huntington, Plainview, Coram & Maspeth NY
Advanced Podiatry of Manhasset at the Americana
Manhasset, NY Office
2110 Northern Blvd.
Manhasset, NY 11030
Huntington, NY Office
181 Main St.
Huntington, NY 11743
Maspeth, NY Office
70-01 Grand Ave
Maspeth, NY 11378
Plainview, NY Office
875 Old Country Rd
Plainview, NY 11803
Coram, NY Office
100 Middle Country Rd.
Coram, NY 11727