Posts for tag: Fall
Today is the unofficial start of fall and the first day of school. Fall sports will be in full swing before you know it. These are a few tips to stay healthy and safe as kids fall back into their school/sport routines!
- Have a pre-season physical examination and have your orthotics checked for size and condition.
- Always take the time to warm-up and cool down properly.
- Stay hydrated to limit cramps.
- Be aware of playing surfaces and change shoes accordingly.
- Never "play through the pain". If your body is telling you something is wrong, see a doctor.
- Make sure your footwear are properly fitted and in good condition. You can always bring them in to be checked.
- Be aware weather conditions such as wet, slippery fields that can lead to injuries.
- Listen to your body and decrease training time and intensity as needed, if pain or discomfort develops. This will reduce the risk of injury and help avoid burning yourself out.
- Visit us at Advanced Podiatry for your fall sports check up!