Basem Hakim, DPM. MD. graduated from the College of Medicine Ain Shams University, one of the top medical schools in Egypt. Dr. Hakim worked as a missionary physician in Africa for more than 3 years. Then Dr. Hakim moved to the United States in 2013 where he started his new journey, got ECFMG certified after successful completion of the US Medical Licensing Examination, and earned his doctorate degree in podiatric medicine at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine.
Dr. Hakim served as Chief Resident at Huntington Hospital, Northwell Health where he completed a three years of post-doctoral extensive podiatric residency training, devoted to all aspects of foot and ankle surgery including sports related trauma, elective reconstructive surgery, arthroscopic surgery, and medical management of different podiatric pathologies, as well as additional training in wound care and advanced tissue healing including use different types of grafts. Dr. Hakim is especially passionate about sports medicine, and foot and ankle surgeries with deformity correction.
Dr. Hakim is certified by the American college of foot and ankle surgeons in surgical arthroscopy of the foot and ankle. He is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association, and the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Dr. Hakim believes that proper communication with his patients about their conditions will help to provide individualized care to each patient and to approach their goals and lifestyle through practicing evidence-based medicine.
Traveling has been one of the highlights of his life and is an overwhelming experience and a great eye-opener for him. In his free time, he likes spending quality time with his wife and his two daughters.
- M.B.B.Ch. Ain Shams University, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt
- DPM. New York College of Podiatric Medicine
Residency /Post-doctrol training:
- Podiatry Residency Program, Huntington Hospital at Northwell Health (PMSR/RRA)
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduate (ECFMG)
- National Board of Podiatric Medicine Examiners (NBPME) - Parts I, II, III diplomate.
- Surgical Arthroscopy, American College of Foot and Ankle surgeons.
- New York State Lisenced doctor of Podiatric Medicine.